The Department of Athletics is dedicated to challenging student-athletes to reach their potential through a strong commitment to excellence, teamwork, and service to the community. This dedication instills pride and camaraderie throughout the Wesleyan community by creating a fun and healthy environment for success. In our commitment to advancing the mission of Student Affairs and the College, we strive to instill in each student a healthy commitment to her personal well-being and development.
The Department of Athletics creates an environment for winning teams, and enhances student-athletes' personal and professional development for competition on the field and in the marketplace.
We believe that athletics should teach students a fun and healthy dedication to excellence in their personal as well as their professional lives. The Wesleyan athletics experience is based upon the shared values that guide us daily:
- Academics as the cornerstone of achievement
- Perseverance through obstacle and pressure to achieve academic and athletic goals
- Faith in and cooperation with others
- Confidence in your individual and collective abilities
- Dedication to living a healthy lifestyle
- Recognition that humor and fun are healthy choices when appropriate
- A positive attitude in all activities
- Respect for self, others and Wesleyan College
- Work hard, play hard and enjoy your sport
- Dedication, commitment, and loyalty to the team
Developed Fall 2003
Revised Fall 2009