Macon, GA - Wesleyan seniors Jessica Austell, Kylie Lovett, Centara Nulf, and Katie Tanner won't soon forget their last night under the lights at the Mathews Athletic Complex. In a season that has been marked as the beginning of a turnaround for the Wolves soccer program, Wesleyan closed out its regular season on Tuesday night with a 2-0 win over Oglethorpe University.
- Freshman Fetty Blitch continues her blistering play at forward for the Wolves, scoring her 10th goal of the season, which moves her into a tie for eighth in the USA South.
- Freshman midfielder Madison Thornton recorded her second goal of the season with a long range strike from 40 yards out.
- Sophomore goalkeeper Carlee Dykes earned her fourth shutout win of the season.
- Senior Highlights:
- Co-captain and midfielder Jessica Austell scored three goals and had one assist in the 2017 season. In her three previous seasons, she combined for one goal and two assists.
- Co-captain and defender Kylie Lovett netted her first career goal this season.
- Centara Nulf made the transition from goalkeeper to defender after her sophomore year. She has been a solid fixture on the Wolves back line for the past two seasons.
- Defender Katie Tanner was Wesleyan's second leading goal scorer this season with nine goals and one assist. In her previous three seasons, she combined for four goals and four assists.
Wolves head coach Ian Doherty remarked, "Tonight was our best performance of the season. We moved the ball well and we created lots of chances. This was the perfect way to celebrate our seniors."
USA South Conference Tournament: #6 Wesleyan at #3 Covenant | Wednesday, Oct. 25 | Lookout Mountain, GA | 4:00pm